Most people on the alt-right know all too well the story of the leftist “long march through the institutions” and about the frankfurt school, cultural marxism etc. But one theory I have is that the cultural marxist left did not make the country more liberal – but that they simply replaced the old left and in the process ended up wrecking the left.
The arts and entertainment have always been the domain of the left since it tends to attract unconventional people. But instead of decent artwork – you end up with Manzoni style garbage. Instead of classic rock – eagles, pink floyd, elp – you end up with garbage written by committee music as grace and steel mention in the linked video.
You could probably say the same thing about academia and the media – they were always liberal – but as Robert Weissberg says at the 1:30 mark – politics among the professoriate was never that big of a deal.
One of the things about the left that made me shift away from them was the realization that the very people the left is dependent on (screeching harpies, and ignorant NAMs) are the very people who are liabilities and that maybe issues like feminism and civil rights should never have been brought up in the first place. To me – being a leftist was all about classic rock, black humor/sarcasm, fucking freely, drugs and skepticism toward “consensus ideas”.
When I started going on liberal message boards circa 2010 – like democraticunderground – i felt shocked as everyone there was acting in perpetual hysterics/derangement. People like Ryan Faulk and Audacious Epigone have mentioned how “conservative” does not mean the same thing for caucasians as it does for POCs and I’m going to say right now that neither does it for men and women. When I was a kid – I always assumed that men were far more liberal than women since the ideas I mentioned in the above paragraph are far more common among men than women. I’ve also noticed that among men who describe themselves as “liberal” – those above traits are far more common than among men who describe themselves as “liberal”.
So the TL:DR version (although it still may be TL:DR) of these musings is –
1) politics should be viewed as the domain of one group of white men vs the other
2) the unconventional men historically were outnumbered – so it made sense to enlist people to act as “vote banks” (NAMs and feminists)
3) the unconventional men ruled the roost for a short period as the women and POCs mostly fell in line
4) eventually the women and POCs invaded white liberal male institutions and ended up wrecking those institutions
5) what a liberal means for a man means something different for a woman therefore
6) liberal institutions that were initially founded by men that are no longer run by them are effectively defanged.